Monday, January 3, 2011

Cookies - The perfect way to say Thank You!

Have you ever needed or wanted to send a little note to someone but just didn't know quite what to say? Well I was in that sort of quandary this weekend. 


I will get to my predicament a little later, but first the lead up story. I am in the education field, so I am very privileged to get a long winter break. Not only does the break provide great family time it also gives the man of the house and myself to spend a little extra time together. (He travels for work EVERY week.) But this holiday break was a downer as he had to work. So guess what...I tagged along! Oh thank you Delta Sky Miles!!!! Well the destination was Cleveland. Not really the place I'd try to hit when throwing a dart on a map in the middle of winter, but it was "work" for one of us after all.

I knew immediately what my plans would include: A Diners, Drive-ins and Dives tour of Cleveland. Before I started packing, I already had places in mind to visit. Before the plane landed, my itinerary was mapped out. (Just one of my little faults, over planning)

I will say that I packed in a lot of food in 2 days! Way more than I should have or will again very soon....but it was for GUY. Of the places I went, my favorite was a little cafe in Tremont, Cleveland. Lucky's Cafe was a gem. I was greeted at the door with a very warm welcome. I arrived before the kitchen opened but enjoyed a cup of joe from the counter and relished in the ambiance. I did wait around until I could order their "from scratch" granola. It was worth the wait. This is a MUST stop for anyone traveling through Cleveland. I promise you won't be disappointed. 

So back to my original predicament. How to tell them just how much I enjoyed their warm hospitality? I was a little nobody from waaaaaay out-of-town and they took me in like a neighbor down the street. OH WAIT I know....Cookies. But how - what design- Then it hit me. Their logo from the website. Without further waiting, here's what I came up with. 

Their logo (cute don't you think)
My ode to Lucky's.

































So off my thank you cookies go. Lucky's save a seat for me, I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment